Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lessons Learned:Mickelson at Royal Liverpool

I know that I can win the Open Championship;I know that I've done it,and that takes all of the pressure off me,said defending champion Phil Mickelson,44,at a press conference on Monday at Royal Liverpool Golf Club,England.While carrying the claret jug trophy around with me for a year,it was fun to see the faces of the people take a picture of the jug or take a sip out of it.*
As for this season,I'm just not discouraged or frustrated.I know I haven't played well,but the parts feel a lot better than the whole right now.I'm driving the ball with more confidence.I just haven't had the putter.It's not the frustration you would think,given the record that I've had.I actually feel better than I have in years.
Last week,my short irons started to come back.I believe that the next five years are gonna be some of the best of my years.
With regard to major wins,I know there's a finite amount of time.I'd like to create some more if possible,a relaxed Phil Mickelson told the media gathered before him.
The highly prestigious Open Championship begins Thursday morning.*
If fans should ask Mickelson for an autograph right after a round,he politely explains that he must sign his card first.

No comments: