Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Masters:Will McIlroy Be Good Enough This Year?

World number one golfer Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland,who turns 26 on May 4,has been competing in The Masters tournament since 2009.He'll be playing alongside Phil Mickelson and Ryan Moore in the first round on Thursday afternoon.McIlroy spoke with journalists at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia on Tuesday.
I feel like I've done a lot of good work the past couple of days to prepare,McIlroy said.It's such an intimidating place the first time you get here.I'm playing my usual game-that's one of the biggest things I've learned.I'm just ready for the gun to go off on Thursday morning.
You just realise there's holes out here where par's a good score,and you move on.I'm here and have a great opportunity to do what few people in golf have done (win a career grand slam of the four majors).I've just really tried to keep on winning the next one.Golf's a very fickle game,so you don't take anything for granted.
My weight training is about longevity and trying to prolong my career.I originally got into it because of my bad back.It helps me to practice more.
I'd say Bubba Watson is my favourite to win.He has the perfect game for this course.He's won it two of the last three years.He tees it up really well.
I enjoy playing with Phil Mickelson.There's a good buzz around Phil,he's won it so many times (three).I enjoy his company,and his caddy Bones Mackay's as well.I've played with Ryan Moore a few times.
I talked with Tiger Woods on the practice tee.He feels good.He's been working hard.Like everyone else,I'll be looking at his score to see how he does.
You guys can write the stories and I won't read them.*
McIlroy would be the sixth player in history to win the career grand slam,should he win The Masters.Last year,he won two majors,the Open Championship and the PGA Championship.He's won the most PGA tournaments since 2010-nine.In his last fifteen starts,he's achieved four wins and four second place finishes.

No comments: